Bracing.

Today I have added mathematical position data to the bracing diagrams in the book, this should allow me to mark up the bracing positions on the soundboard much quicker and easier in future.
I have cut the bracing for the SS (steel string) and CL (classical) to size and positioned it on the relative soundboards. I next need to produce good clean surfaces on the bracing before gluing it to the soundboard and finally shaping the bracing.

I am still thinking about whether or not I should go for a domed soundboard or just a flattop. Obviously I need to make my mind up before gluing the bracing down.

Now I will get on with sanding down the sides and doing the bracing while allowing the vacuum/extractor to cool down.

I have to make the head blocks and tail blocks soon as well.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply